DaVinci Resolve 12.5 for Absolute Beginners: part 1 The Media Page

I've been using this amazing software to edit my videos for about six months now. I am by no means an expert, but I can use it to do pretty much everything I need. This video is the first of four, and together, they will be the thing that I wish existed when I first found myself at the foothills of Resolve's learning curve (replace 'curve' with 'mountain', or even 'impossibly steep mountain'). Hopefully, if you follow them through, you'll be spared the grief I went through on my journey.

The 'problem' is that DaVinci Resolve is a massive piece of software, It's loaded with tons of features for the professional editor - and at some point I hope to learn how to use them, but for now all I want to do is slam some clips together.

Yes, there's lots of teaching material out there, from the 1000+ page manual, to tutorials from people who either decline to speak at all, or who just mumble unintelligibly, or people who are clearly experts in the field and so don't think you need to be told about the very basic things they might be doing. There are also quite a few professional courses that you have to pay for.

So, grab yourself a free copy of the software (yes, really, 100% free, fully-featured goodness) and get started! Here's the video...


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

MacAllister Electric Planer Review

I'm Back!

Evolution R255+ Sliding Mitre Saw | Unboxing, Assembly, First Use, Review